Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving Day is a holiday celebrated by Canada and the United States of America. It's a day celebrated to give thanks for the blessing of the harvest. In Canada Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday of October and in the U.S. it is celebrated on the 4th thursday of November. Also all around the world they celebrate similar holidays or traditions. Thanksgiving is a annual holiday that is marked by religious observances and a traditional meal which does include turkey. This holiday reminds us of the harvest festival that the Pilgrims had with the Native Americans in 1621. This holiday has become an annual one since 1863 during the Civil War when President Abraham Lincoln  proclaimed this to be a national day to give thanks and praise to our father in heaven.

Image result for thanksgiving
12 Things I am grateful for:
1. Family
2. My life
3. Education
4. My home
5. My church
6. Clothes
7. My bed
8. My brothers
9. My parents
10. Electronics
11. Love
12. Waking Up today

No comments:

Post a Comment